Discover the many facets of Cape Town’s culturally diverse communities. Hear stories of The Struggle first-hand from the locals: from District Six, where forced removals changed the lives of many, to the informal settlements where sangomas (traditional healers) and shebeens (taverns) add to the rich culture of township life.
- Visit to colourful houses - Cape Malay area – Bo-Kaap & District Six Museum
- Gugu S’thebe Art and Culture Centre
- Visit to an Informal Settlement)
- A Township B&B / Creche / Pre-school.
- Gugulethu and surrounds
- Training Centre of LTE - Khayelitsha Township | South African History Online www.sahistory.org.za › places › Dispossessed areas
- Purchase arts and crafts manufactured by the local community
- The Muslim and Indian communities of Athlone and the Cape Flats
- Cape Malay food tasting
* Should your tour take place on a Sunday, attendance of a Church Service can be included by prior arrangement
A few of the places you can expect to see on this tour
A cultural tour of the local townships